I had a crummy morning yesterday, but I learned some valuable lessons from it:
- Being polite in the face of hostility is the way to go.
- You don't have to take hostility alone.
- You don't have to take hostility at all.
- Virtual hugs are awesome and always welcome.
- Dancing like a crazy person to some music for a while makes me feel better.
Also, I noticed today just how much I've changed when it comes to how I react to unpleasant situations. I used to internalize it so much that I would eventually shut down, or explode. I have learned to channel it into more productive things, which means I got a lot more done, including figuring out the whole lesson plan part of the EPIK application.
I have also learned how to talk more about the things that upset me. Whether it is through prayer, a friend, or family members -- do it. I chose all of the above. Let the emotions work their way through your system, because bottling them up makes them fester.
Just don't channel them towards anyone in a vicious way, because I think that's what happened to me...
Thank you to those who helped me feel better! A great big thank you! I am grateful to have you guys in my life.
And now, a song. Enjoy!